Weekend Duty Manager
We require a Weekend Duty Manager to work one day per week on either a Saturday or Sunday.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Pay: £8.67 per hour
- Support receptionist on front of house and in shop
- Point of contact for visitors
- Point of contact for other parties on event days
- Dealing with day to day issues
- Check smooth running of site
- Produce monthly newsletter
- Office duties as required
- Schedule social media posts
- Cashing up
- Stock taking
- Customer facing role experience
- Excellent IT skills, including MS Office, Mailchimp
- Experience of using social media as a tool for advertising and promoting events
- Able to work under own initiative, to deadlines and under pressure.
- Knowledge of Epos till system
- GCSE standard
- Closing Date: Thursday 28th March
Interview Date: Tuesday 2nd April
We rely heavily on volunteer support in all areas of the Centre’s operation. Find out more about our friendly team and what they do.
The Dean Heritage Centre is looking for another trustee or two.
We've had an amazing year at the Dean Heritage Centre. If you feel you'd like to be involved in next year's amazing year and help keep local heritage on show in the Forest then apply to join our board. We're looking for people with any of the following skills:
- Charity / Business Management and Finance
- Heritage/local heritage general interest and experience
- Attractions management experience
The role takes up about 2 days per month as a minimum and is voluntary but helping keep this small local business on the road to success can be hugely rewarding. If you have employees who would benefit from strategic management decision making and commercial problem solving you could think about seconding them to the board.
We have our meetings during the day (usually on Tuesdays) once a month so you need to be available then. Contact our Chair of Trustees to enquire about joining our dedicated, friendly team.
Other Volunteer Positions
We have two exciting opportunities to volunteer at the Dean Heritage Centre. We need Front of House volunteers for weekday morning or afternoon sessions and volunteers to help our Collections Officer in the Gage Library. Please get in touch for more information on both roles. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our Front of House Volunteers are the welcoming, friendly face of the Dean Heritage Centre. They are there to welcome visitors in, inform them of everything that is going on and to sign post areas and events that may be of particular interest. The role also includes answering the phone and directing calls to the right member of staff, serving in the shop, operating the till and keeping the shop area clean and tidy. Front of House volunteers are always supported by a Duty Manager who is there to assist if necessary and deal with customer enquiries. Experience of a similar role would be useful but not essential as full training will be given. A friendly and welcoming manner will be your most important asset. Please get in touch if you would like to apply for the role or find out more about us.
Our Collection’s Officer Nicola Wynn needs help transferring written records to a digital platform. If you are interested in this role please email her: firstname.lastname@example.org